Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Most petite centerfire lefthand action?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  howl 
#1 ·
Which is the smallest and shortest centerfire action that will handle .308 based cartridges AND is available in lefthand?

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I mean the action specifically. I've got a light carbine with the Savage action. They do have a lightened version of that as well, but it's the same size overall as their regular actions. I'm thinking more something like the Remington Model Seven but available with the bolt on the correct side.

The Forbes rifles made with the NULA action are available in the rifle at $1500. Well, they're supposed to be available.

#12 ·
Fella's;

I had a Zastava LH mini-Mauser in .223. The rear bridge did not support the bolt properly, which caused feeding problems a great majority of the time. Because the bolt wasn't able to remain parallel, it would ride over the cartridge in the magazine. Sometimes pushing the cartridge forward & jamming the action.

I now have a CZ527 lefty in .223, a far superior action in my experience. No big difference in size or weight either, though I haven't done a close exam. No need to test that IMHO, the reliability issue is paramount to minor size/weight concerns.

900F

#17 ·
FYI, they do make the Micro-Midas left hand in 308. You may have to track one down with Gunbroker or other sources.

Browning X-Bolt Micro Midas Left Hand Bolt Action Rifle .308 Winchester 20" Barrel 4 Rounds Target Crown Glass Bed Receiver Walnut Stock Adjustable Trigger Blued Finish 035279218

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.